What We Do
VAUSA is the acronym for Vietnamese American Uniformed Services Association. It’s a non-profit, non-partisan association founded in 2008, and currently have more than 1,200 members worldwide.
Members comprised of Vietnamese American servicemembers which include active duty, reserve, and veterans of the United States Army, United States Marine Corps, United States Navy, United States Air Force, United States Space Force, United States Coast Guard, United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and Community Auxiliary Membership. Members of the Association are united and bonded together by a humble yet noble cause; selfless service & sacrifice.
VAUSA members are proud Vietnamese American patriots who are grateful for the opportunity serve and give back. To partake in the American dream and way of life; for which they pledged to protect and defend.
Our three core mission goals and objectives are:
- To provide professional development, mentorship, enhance camaraderie, and networking for current and former Vietnamese American service members in the United States Uniformed Services.
- To provide support to members and their families when they are in need, at home and on the front lines.
- To share our experiences with the Vietnamese American community to highlight the pride and benefits of military service.
We base our vision on three principles:
- Honor Our Past – Honor the legacy & sacrifice made by all Vietnamese, Americans, and their allies who came before us.
- Recognize our Present – Promote the professional, personal success and recognize the sacrifices of Vietnamese American Uniformed services members.
- Building Our Community- Actively participate in community service events & activities that best represents our Core Values in service to our Country & community.
VAUSA participate and organize the following annual events and activities:
Operation Day to Give Thanks: an Annual Thanksgiving event to honor Vietnam War Veterans & senior citizens.
Operation Full Hearts: Annual holiday toy drive and distribution event.
Operation Gift from the Heart: an Annual blood donation and community health fair.
Operation Taste of Home: an annual holiday care packages of traditional Vietnamese foods packaged and sent worldwide, wherever our service members are stationed or deployed. Over 250 care packages to be shipped annually to our troops.
Fallen Heroes Scholarship: a memorial scholarship program awarded to students pursuing higher education.
Operation 5K Walk, Run & Picnic: an Annual Family & community appreciation day.
Mentorship Dinner: an Annual Cadets and Midshipmen professional development dinner.
Mentorship Program: Providing effective mentoring is a top priority of VAUSA. The program is essential for supporting the professional and personal development of our members, whether they are still in uniform or veterans. Mentorship program includes one-on-one and group on a continuous basis.
Uniformed Services Symposium – a biennial professional leadership symposium
VAUSA Gala: a formal capstone event recognizing service members and community members in support of VAUSA.